Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd, Newport St, Hay on Wye, Hereford. Our company registration number is 7128R. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Hay & Brecon Farmers Trade Customers Terms And Conditions
Payment should be made by the 15th of the month following the month of collection or delivery.
Interest is charged on all overdue balances. The current rate is 0.6% per month.
Title in the goods supplied by Hay and Brecon Farmers Ltd shall remain with Hay and Brecon Farmers Ltd until the purchaser has made payment in full of all sums owing to Hay and Brecon Farmers Ltd.
Hay and Brecon Farmers Ltd shall not be liable to the purchaser for any inability of Hay and Brecon Farmers Ltd to perform it’s obligations by any reason of war, civil commotion, strikes or labour disturbances or disputes, legislative or administrative interference, the imposition of an embargo, abnormal weather conditions or any other cause whatsoever (whether or nor similar to the foregoing) beyond the control of Hay and Brecon Farmers Ltd.
Goods Purchased via Website
Goods are only supplied on the condition that the purchaser has read and fully accepted our terms of trading as detailed below. The placing of an order is deemed as confirmation that the customer has accepted our terms and conditions of sale.
Transit Losses and Discrepancies
When signing for deliveries, it is the customer's responsibility to indicate if the goods delivered are unchecked or damaged. This must be noted on the delivery driver's docket. Failure to do this will invalidate any claim for loss or damage. Loss or damage of goods must be notified to us within 1 day of receipt. Non-receipt of the entire consignment must be notified to us within 10 working days from the date of the invoice.
Retention of Title
The property of the goods shall not pass to any person or companies until all monies owed to Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd have been paid in full. The customer shall be entitled to sell the goods for and on behalf of the account of Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd and will retain all proceeds of such sales, in trust, for the company of Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd. Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd shall be entitled, at any time, to repossess the goods whether with or without notice and Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd and its employees or agents shall have the right to enter the premises of the customer for the purpose of effecting such repossession.
Return of Saleable Goods
Before returning goods to us, authorization must be obtained from head office and a handling charge up to the value of 25% of the goods will be levied against the returned goods. Please ensure that full documentation is included with the returned goods, detailing your account number (Trade Customers), the dispatch note number and the reason for the return. Wherever possible please use the Returns Form in the back of our catalogue to accompany the goods.
Where products are alleged to be faulty, Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd shall so far as possible pass on to the customer the benefit of any guarantee or warranty given by the manufacturer. Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd reserves the right to repair or replace any items found to be faulty. Where products are alleged to be faulty, the customer should first contact Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd. Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd does not accept responsibility for goods that customers decide to replace free of charge to their customers without prior consultation with Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Conditions, any goods supplied by Hay & Brecon Farmers Ltd shall be at the customer's risk from the time of delivery to him or to any carrier or agent acting on his behalf.
You may cancel the contract at any time but no later than 7 working days after the day you received the product by:
sending the notice of cancellation by email ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number; or
where you have already received the goods, following our returns authorisation procedure – by contacting Hay & Brecon by email or phone. We will provide you with a returns authorisation number along with details on how and where to send your item. Wrap the item securely and include the original invoice along with your returns authorisation number. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
Items that are excluded from the right to cancel include the following: (a) goods made to specification or otherwise personalised;
We will refund your credit card once we have received and processed the item as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of notice of cancellation. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to Play.com or if you fail to return goods you will be liable for any charges incurred in relation to attempts to collect the goods.